|SPEC awards mini-grants to seven programs|
The UND Summer Programs and Events Council (SPEC) recently awarded $19,715 in mini-grants to six individuals to aid in the expansion, redesign and creation of their summer courses and programs. The Start-Up Mini-Grant Program funding is used to support UND faculty and staff in the development, marketing and start-up costs of summer on-campus programming.
The Summer 2010 awarded projects are:
• UND Movie Making Camp for Adults, English Department – 3rd year funding - Kathy Coudle-King, senior lecturer, English
• Intro to cScibot Robotics Camp, Computer Science Department - 2nd year funding - Tom Stokke, instructor, Computer Science
• Summer Foreign Language Day Camps, Language Department – 2nd year funding - Amanda Boyd, assistant professor, Languages
• Photography for Educators, Department of Teaching and Learning – 2nd year funding - Lars Helgeson, professor, Teaching and Learning
• Summer Art Camp for Youth, Art Department – 2nd year funding - Sue Fink, Education, North Dakota Museum of Art
• MATLAB, Mathematics, and Engineering Camp, Engineering Department – 1st year funding - Reza Fazel-Rezai and Sima Noghanian, assistant professors, Electrical Engineering
• Alice Computer Animation & Storytelling Camp – 1st year funding - Tom Stokke, instructor, Computer Science
The Summer Programs and Events Council’s mission is to promote all summer events, programs and courses to the greater Grand Forks community and beyond while providing leadership and logistical support for summer programming on the UND campus. For more information about the Summer Programs and Events Council, visit www.summer.und.edu.
-- Brenda Dufault, Coordinator, Summer Programs & Events, email@example.com, 777-0841