|Sessions will focus on "What's New in Blackboard"|
The Center for Instructional & Learning Technologies will host several sessions to highlight new Blackboard features you can use for communication, assessments and managing course content.
Attend this session to learn:
· Announcements give you twice the communication power of an email
· Faculty profiles provide details that enable students to contact you
· Blogs for posting general questions reduce email chatter and provide quick updates
· Content areas help you organize your course materials and set student availability
· Lecture recording software has been upgraded and offers new options
· Assignments enable students to submit homework in Grade Center with a date stamp
· Respondus software quickly imports your Word test files to Blackboard
· Automatic quiz/test grading provides test statistics and individual question reviews
· Smart views in the Grade Center show selected student groups or section enrollments
· Grade Center weighting and calculated columns perform many “Excel-like” functions
· Adding yourself to the course as a student allows you to check postings
· SMARTHINKING tutoring link provides 24/7 tutoring and an online writing center
· CILT support link for evening and weekend support for faculty and students
Please plan to attend one of the following sessions:
Tuesday, Jan. 19, 1 p.m., President’s Room, Memorial Union
Wednesday, Jan. 20, 11 a.m., President’s Room, Memorial Union
Thursday, Jan. 21, 11 a.m., President’s Room, Memorial Union
Friday, Jan. 222, 10 a.m., President’s Room, Memorial Union.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact us at 777-2129.