|Apply for summer administrative leadership program|
The President’s Leadership Program provides funding for two upper-level UND administrators to participate in one of several national summer leadership institutes. Funding under this program is designed for individuals already in administrative roles at UND who wish to expand the breadth of their experience in anticipation of moving to a higher level of responsibility.
Application is a three-step process:
1) Review each program’s qualifications and objectives and decide which one you are most interested in attending.
2) Apply for funding through the President’s Leadership Program (see below).
3) If accepted for UND funding, apply online to the program you wish to attend.
• Harvard Management Development Program (MDP). June 6-18, 2010. For mid-level administrators with 3-7 years of administrative experience—deans, directors, department heads. www.gse.harvard.edu/ppe/mdp
• Harvard Institute for Management and Leadership in Education (MLE). June 20-July 2, 2010. For experienced administrators with 5-12 years of administrative experience—provosts, vice-presidents, and deans. www.gse.harvard.edu/ppe/mle
• Bryn Mawr HERS Higher Education Resource Services, June 18-July 2, 2010. For women faculty and administrators. www.hersnet.org/HERSHigherEducationResourceServices.htmsisihtm.asp
• AASCU Millennium Leadership Institute, June 6-9, 2010. For individuals traditionally underrepresented in the highest ranks of higher education. http://www.aascu.org/programs/mli/2009/index.htm
To apply for UND funding to attend a summer leadership institute, please send your CV and a formal application letter in which you explain in some detail your interest in this program, your administrative background, the specific program you wish to attend and why, to Stop 8176 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Oct. 23. Those who receive funding are then required to apply directly to the program of their choice for acceptance.
-- Victoria Beard, Associate Provost, Academic Affairs, email@example.com, 777-4824