|Students invited to enter Conflict Resolution Day poster, poetry contest|
Attention UND Students: Win a mediation training and a $50 gift certificate for the UND Bookstore. Enter the Conflict Resolution Day Poster and Poetry contests. Deadline is 4 p.m, Oct. 7.
Design a Poster for National Conflict Resolution Day
· Posters must be 16 X 20 and in full color
Write a poem for National Conflict Resolution Day
· No restrictions on poetry style of form
· Looking for poems with attention paid to each line
· Strong imagery, grounded in concrete language
· Poetry that both surprises and moves
· Use issues listed in the description below of CR Day to provide insight into the relevant topics
Conceived in 2005 by the Association for Conflict Resolution, Conflict Resolution Day:
· Promotes awareness of mediation, arbitration, conciliation and other creative, peaceful means of resolving conflict
· Promotes the use of conflict resolution in schools, families, businesses, communities, governments and the legal system
· Recognizes the significant contributions of (peaceful) conflict resolvers
· Obtains national synergy by having celebrations across the country and around the world on the same day
The winners will be announced on Oct. 15, National Conflict Resolution Day. Win a seat in a mediation seminar between Jan 2010 and 2011 (a $300 value for UND students) where you can earn 2 grad credits through UND's Division of Continuing Ed.(code 900 Counseling) and a $50 gift card for the University Bookstore.
Submissions must include your name, address, phone number, and e-mail. Bring your poster or your poem to the Conflict Resolution Center, 314 Cambridge St., or e-mail it to: email@example.com. For more information, call Kristine at 777-3664
Need more information?
For poems or posters call Kristine Paranica, Conflict Resolution Center 701-777-3664
For poems call Heidi Cvzerwiec, Department of English, 701-777-3321.
For posters call Lucy Ganie Department of Art & Design, 701-777-2670
-- Conflict Resolution Center.