|Wellness Center offers new perks for benefited employees|
The Wellness Center has announced that all benefitted employees over the age of 55 have an opprotunity to participate in a pilot study on fitness evaluation and strength training.
This pilot research study is being offered through the UND Wellness Center and the department of Physical Therapy. The goal of the study is to encourage weight lifting as a component of a fitness program for the older adult. Increasing muscle strength has been shown to decrease fall risk in adults, improve bone mass, positively affect cardiovascular health and decrease likelihood of certain cancers.
What will you do?
• Complete a pre and post fitness assessment
• Meet with a Physical Therapy student to establish a strength training program
• Participate in physical activity a minimum of three times per week for eight weeks
What will you get?
• Personalized strength training program
• Pre and post assessment
• Health Club Credit returns on your Wellness Center membership (see below).
Are you a Wellness Center Member?
• YES, you are a UND Wellness Center member; each visit will count for the Health Club Credit ($20 reimbursement).
• NO, you are not a UND Wellness Center member; join for a low rate of $40 ($20 per month of the study). If you also join in the Health Club Credit program, you will get $20 in return each month (for attending twelve times a month), so it would equal two free months of Wellness Center membership.
Want to learn more about the pilot study? Have questions? Attend one of three 30 minute information sessions, learn the details of the program and get your questions answered.
Location for all sessions: Swanson Hall 1618
• Thursday, Sept. 17, 10:30 a.m.
• Thursday, Sept. 17, Noon
• Tuesday, Sept. 22, Noon
When is the study?
The study will begin Sept. 28 and conclude Nov. 23 and is limited to the first 8 qualified participants. To sign up for this pilot study, please contact Kim Ruliffson at 777-0210 or at email@example.com
-- Mandy Dockendorf, Coordinator of Fitness, UND Wellness Center, firstname.lastname@example.org, 777-2943