|NSF proposals sought to improve graduation rates in STEM areas|
The National Science Foundation has announced a solicitation for the STEP program (NSF 08-569; deadline Sept 29, to NSF). We are allowed one proposal from the UND. This program is to improve graduation rates in the STEM areas. I have been contacted by one department interested in submitting a proposal, but would like to give all eligible departments an opportunity to make a case for a submission. If you are in a STEM department, I encourage you to examine this RFP and seriously consider applying. In addition, I suggest you partner with one or more departments.
The Office of Research will consider pre-proposals as a screening mechanism for the UND submission. The pre-proposal should include:
1. The area of STEM targeted.
2. Participating departments and faculty.
3. Strategies planned to increase STEM graduation rates.
4. Short-term pre-funding costs (infrastructure improvement) and long-term financial support plan/need after the grant is over.
5. How your plan supports the mission of UND in the STEM area targeted.
Some of these requirements are also elements required by the RFP. Please confine your response to 4 pages. Send pre-proposals to Barry Milavetz (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 1.
-- John C. La Duke, Ph.D., Associate Vice President for Research and Economic Development, Research Development and Compliance, email@example.com, 777-4278