|Updates offered for developing online semester courses|
Please plan to attend one of these sessions to learn more about the process of authoring your online course for delivery in summer or fall semester. This session is an overview of course expectations and the support you will receive by Center for Instructional and Learning Technologies (CILT) and the Division of Continuing Education (DCE) staff.
* March 19 from 9 to 10:30 a.m., Presidents Room, Memorial Union
* March 24 from 8:30 to 10 a.m., Prairie Room, Memorial Union
* March 27 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Memorial Room, Memorial Union
* Requesting your Blackboard course site
* New Blackboard features coming in summer 2009
* Online Toolbox resource
* Student Orientation Site
* Student community and social interactions/assessments using blogs/wikis/discussions, etc.
* Using Adobe Connect and/or Wimba for live sessions, office hours, or recorded content
* Narrating PowerPoints using Adobe Presenter (faculty and student applications)
* Creating tests and student study exercises using Respondus and Studymate
* Exam proctoring process and how you can view the proctor information
* Online Faculty Certification
* Quality Assurance Review
* What can we do to help you?
* Next steps and contacts for support
We plan to record a session and make it available for faculty who are off campus this semester. When it is available, we will direct you to it.
The course is hosted by Continuing Education (DCE) and CILT.
For more information contact:
* Jane Sims, instructional designer, Online and Distance Education, 225 Harrington Hall, 777-0843