|Senate Scholarly Activities Committee announces New Faculty Scholar Awards|
The Senate Scholarly Activities Committee (SSAC) announces that the following New Faculty Scholar Awards have been made. Thirteen applications were received for this award; the total amount requested was $64,600. New Faculty Scholar Awards provide support for research and creative activity of assistant professors who have completed less than three years at UND. Criteria used to review applications included excellence of the application, potential national prominence of the applicant, and potential for future external funding, if applicable.
* Wayne Barkhouse (physics), "Uncovering the Optical/Near-IR Counterparts to X-Ray Cluster Candidates," $4,000
* Jerome Delhommelle (chemistry), “Understanding and Predicting Polymorphism in Molecular Crystals,” $5,000
* Travis Heggie (counseling psychology and community services), “Search and Rescue and the Emergency Medical Service Workload on Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa,” $5,000
* Sarah Mosher (modern and classical languages and literatures), “Shooting the Autobiographical Canon: An Interview With Yamina Benguigui,” $3.611.11
* Jeremiah Neubert (mechanical engineering), “Opening Doors for Robots,” $5,000
* Joelle Ruthig (psychology), "Cardiovascular and Functional Health Risks, Physical Activity, and Health Outcomes in Older Adults," $5,000.
-- Patrick A. Carr, Ph.D., Chair, Senate Scholarly Activities Committee, Anatomy and Cell Biology, firstname.lastname@example.org, 701/777-2587