|General Education Summit II set for Aug. 25|
Faculty and student services staff are encouraged to set aside time Friday, Aug. 25, for a day of activities focusing on general education at UND. A follow-up to last year’s General Education Summit, this year’s event will feature:
* 9 to 10:30 a.m., General education revalidation workshop for those departments due for general education revalidation this year, River Valley Room, Memorial Union. It is led by members of the general educaton committee.
* 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., “Teaching Gen Ed Courses As if They Matter,” panel discussion featuring four UND faculty and guest speaker Ross Miller from the American Association of Colleges and Universities (AAC&U), Burtness Theatre (moderated by Libby Rankin).
* 12:30 to 1:15 p.m., Free picnic lunch on the Burtness Theatre lawn.
* 1:30 to 3 p.m., “Helping Students Value General Education,” a public conversation with Ross Miller (AAC&U), East Asian Room, Chester Fritz Library (moderated by Joan Hawthorne).
* 3:15 to 4:30 p.m., general education committee task force meeting with Ross Miller (AAC&U).
More details, plus instructions for how to register for these events, will be forthcoming. -- Libby Rankin (Instructional Development) for the General Education Task Force.