|Note waste prevention checklist|
Even small changes can make a big difference in the amount of solid waste you generate. Check out ways to help reduce the waste on campus.
In the office:
• Print and copy only what you need
• Make double-sided copies
• Post or route internal memos
• Use e-mail or voice mail
• Use scrap paper for internal memos
• Proof documents on screen
• Reuse file folders: fold them in reverse or put on new adhesive labels
• Reuse envelopes, boxes, and packaging materials
• Donate old magazines to hospitals or nursing homes
• Shred old newspapers and reuse for packaging
• Route and share newspapers and magazines
• Reuse paper clips, rubber bands, and clamps
In the cafeteria:
• Bring your own mug or cup for beverages
• Bring your lunch in reusable containers or bags
• Be sure not to throw away any reusables (e.g., silverware, trays)
• Take only as many napkins and plastic utensils as you need
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
If you have any questions, please call Debbie at 777-4878.
-- Debbie Merrill, Recycling Coordinator, Facilities Management, email@example.com, 777-4878