|Conflict Resolution Center lists events|
The Conflict Resolution Center invites the campus community to the following special events:
The Art of Having Difficult Conversations
Effective work relationships, strong careers, and well-functioning organizations all draw from the same source of power: the ability to talk openly about high-stakes, emotional and controversial topics. Attend this workshop to learn and practice the skills required to successfully have difficult conversations. There is a special UND price of $50 for each half day.
* Oct. 9, 8 a.m. to noon, Black Building, fourth floor conference room, 118 Broadway, Fargo, N.D.
* Oct. 10, 8 a.m. to noon, Badlands Room, Memorial Union, UND.
The Lost Art of Listening
A half-day workshop to help develop stronger listening skills with your family, friends, and clients. Too often we are not fully attentive to those who count on us to give insightful and meaningful responses to important personal and professional issues. Learn why we don't listen attentively, how careful listening has become a necessity in our fast paced lives, and practice valuable skills that will help you to communicate more effectively with others. Special UND price is $50 for each half day.
* Oct. 9, 1 to 5 p.m., Black Building, fourth floor conference room, 118 Broadway, Fargo, N.D.
* Oct. 10, 1 to 5 p.m., Badlands Room, UND Memorial Union
Fees for non-UND participants is $75 per session or $125 for the day.
Contact the Conflict Resolution Center for more information at 777-3664 or e-mail email@example.com (space is limited).
Civil and Employment Mediation Seminar - Fargo
Nov. 3-7, 40-hour seminar
Mediation is on the rise in North Dakota, with two family mediation pilot projects in Bismarck and Grand Forks. This is certain to have a growth impact on mediation statewide in North Dakota. The civil and employment mediation training offers fantastic professional skill development and personal growth in a number of key leadership areas for anyone and all professions:
* Learn skills needed to work with conflicts at the workplace to support better working relationships, as well as in the neighborhood/community. Enhance your ability to help yourself and others during conflict interaction and improve the ways for employees to connect to workplace values and vision and increase your leadership potential. Our training is approved for CLE and by the court rosters in North Dakota and Minnesota, and for professional education credit units for counselors, social workers, and others.
Thoughts from a former corporate client trainee:
"The training has improved my ability to manage in the ... setting I work in. I am a better listener and no longer need to "fix" everything for them. I've used these skills at home and on the committees I serve in the community ... it's the best training experience I've ever had."
Cost is $875 with special UND discounts available. Contact Gail at 777-3664 for more information. -- Conflict Resolution Center.