|Interim Wellness Center closes July 31|
The top 10 reasons why the interim Wellness Center is closing are:
10. You spend more time waiting in line than you spend exercising.
9. A few people went in the wrong doors of the Hyslop and were never seen again.
8. The peaceful yoga music is drowned out by the sound of dropping weights next door.
7. The treadmills cause tremors in the GX room that measure a 6.0 on the Richter scale.
6. You need to wear more than just a swimsuit in our third floor sauna.
5. If you can’t climb to the fourth (and a half) floor of the Hyslop, you shouldn’t take a spin class anyway.
4. Pilates: watch out for flying racquetballs!
3. Poor ventilation and high temperatures have created a smell worse than your gym bag.
2. The music surveys said so.
1. The new UND Student Wellness Center opens this fall!
The interim Wellness Center in the Hyslop has been a great temporary location that has served the needs of many students, faculty, and staff. We have enjoyed our stay here, but it’s time to move on. The doors will close July 31 at 8 p.m., while we move to the new location at 801 Princeton Street.
What’s with the wait?
We traded in the old equipment so that we could get all new, state-of-the-art equipment for the new building. That trade-in results in the closing of the interim center on July 31. Originally, the down time was only a couple of weeks, but a delayed construction schedule and the contractual obligations of trade in cause the down time to be extended. The good news is that the huge selection of fitness equipment will be all new when the doors open.
When the wait is over…
Are you up for some new fun and excitement on the UND campus? Do you think you can handle climbing a rock wall or take a high energy spin class? Can you beat out other UND students for a HUGE grand prize? The doors to the new $20 million Wellness Center, a gift from UND students, will open on Sept. 25. We will be busy preparing for your arrival until then so that you can be met with a huge welcome when the building is ready. We’ll see you in September!
For more information about our transition to the new building, visit http://www.wellness.und.edu/go.htm.
-- Amanda Anderson, Assistant Director of Wellness Marketing, Wellness Center, firstname.lastname@example.org, 777-6476