|Benefited employees: online tools for your health|
If you’ve ever tried to find health information on the Internet, you know how overwhelming it can be. How do you choose among the thousands of search results? How can you tell if the information is accurate and up-to-date? If you are facing a treatment decision or trying to best manage a health condition, getting reliable information is even more important.
That’s why Health Dialog offers easy access to reliable, up-to-date health information and support. The Dialog CenterSM Web site is a secure online environment. It can help you keep track of your own health and open a toolbox of health resources at the click of a computer key. It’s based on the shared decision-making concept -- that decisions about your health are a responsibility you share with your healthcare provider. Staying informed about your health and knowing your options makes you a good partner in their work.
In the Dialog CenterSM Web site, you can:
* Send a secure message to a health coach (a healthcare professional such as a nurse).
* Explore the Healthwise Knowledgebase, which includes more than 6,000 evidence-based topics on health conditions, medical tests, procedures, and everyday health and wellness issues based on the most reliable, up-to-date medical research.
* Access the Health Crossroads Web modules to learn about treatment options.
* Bookmark pages to return to later.
* Do a survey of your own health.
* Keep your own symptom diary.
* Track your current medications.
If you’re facing a health decision, you’ll find east-to-go-to information about your options and get plenty of decision support.
And if you’d rather speak personally with a health coach, you always have that option by calling 1-800-658-2750 anytime, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
There’s much more to the Dialog CenterSM Web site. Whether you’re facing an important medical decision, or interested in taking better care of yourself and your family, explore this valuable resource today. Go to www.thedialogcenter.com/bcbsnd
All members should consult their personal physician before beginning any exercise or weight loss program. Prior to seeking additional services, please refer to your certificate of insurance and summary plan description for a list of covered services, limitations, and exclusions.
This information was brought to you by NDPERS.
-- Cara Demaine, Work Well, Wellness Center, email@example.com, 701-777-0210