|Online seminar will focus on returning veterans|
Is America's post-secondary education system prepared to effectively serve the needs of its armed forces returning to school after a term (or several terms) of active duty service? How are their needs different from non-military students? Featured higher education presenters: W. Scott Lewis and Brett A. Sokolow, will specifically address these questions and offer information on how colleges and universities can best prepare to serve these special students.
What you'll learn:
* Understand how returning veterans differ from veterans of earlier conflicts
* Discover the implications these differences will have on the nature and delivery of your student services
* Learn how returning veterans will affect the rest of the campus community
* Know what support services will help veterans succeed academically and personally
* Gather staff and administrators to discuss this key issue
* Hear answers to the questions posed to our experts during the live program
All are welcome to attend the seminar from noon to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 15, in Room 211, Skalicky Tech Incubator.
-- Joshua Riedy, Dean of Outreach Programs, Continuing Education, firstname.lastname@example.org, 777-3231