|Awards honor rural and public health|
Several awards were presented to rural and public health providers, volunteers and organizations recently at the Dakota Conference on Rural and Public Health held in Fargo.
• North Dakota Public Health Association Public Health Worker of the Year, presented to Theresa Knox, Grand Forks Public Health Department, Grand Forks
• Outstanding Service, presented to Senator Judy Lee, Fargo, and Representative Clara Sue Price, Minot
• North Dakota Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program Making a Difference Award, presented to Presentation Medical Center, Rolla, and St. Andrew's Health Center, Bottineau
• Outstanding Rural Health Professional, presented to Darrold Bertsch, administrator/CEO, Southwest Healthcare Services, Bowman
• Outstanding Rural Health Program, presented to Valley Community Health Centers, Northwood and Larimore
• Outstanding Rural Health Provider, presented to Eric “Jack” Larson, Altru Clinic, Cavalier
• Outstanding Rural Health Volunteer, presented to Wayne Koltes, West River Ambulance, Hettinger
The awards are presented annually as part of the Dakota Conference on Rural and Public Health, facilitated by the Center for Rural Health at the School of Medicine and Health Sciences.
The Dakota Conference is sponsored by Altru Health System of Grand Forks, North Dakota Public Health Association, UND College of Nursing, and the School of Medicine and Health Sciences’ Center for Rural Health and Department of Family and Community Medicine.
-- Wendy Opsahl, Communications Coordinator, Center for Rural Health, firstname.lastname@example.org, 777-0871