|Community-university forum proposals sought|
Are you doing scholarship on community issues, with community partners?
Would you like to discuss this with community and campus members?
Do you want to help plan innovative approaches to community issues?
If you do, send your proposals for “Generating Ideas Through Partnerships: A Community-University Forum.” Forum sessions will be held April 18-19, at University Place, 3601 University Ave., and in a community location, The Link, 300 Cherry St., Grand Forks.
Deadline for applications is Monday, March 10. Results will be announced by Monday, March 17.
Types of proposals:
• Community and University members can submit discussion topics and presentations.
• Ideas for community-university collaborative proposals are highly encouraged.
• Descriptions of community-based research needs and research results are highly encouraged.
Submitting your proposal:
• Your proposals should include: name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, submission title, submission type (idea, panel or individual presentation), abstract (maximum 300 words); submission form available at www.communityengagement.und.edu
• Your proposal should be sent by mail to Community-University Forum, attn. Diana Nastasia, project assistant, Stop 8254, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND 58202-8254; or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is a step toward the publication of a community-university journal.
This event is sponsored by the UND Forum Planning Committee (Gregory Gagnon and Janet Moen, co-chairs) and the following community partners: Grand Forks Housing Authority, Community Foundation, United Way, North Valley Arts Council. Funding was provided by the Public Scholarship Program, UND Center for Community Engagement.
For more information, visit www.communityengagement.und.edu, or contact Diana Nastasia or Kevin Kainulainen at 777-2706 or email@example.com
-- Diana Nastasia, Graduate Research Assistant, Center for Community Engagement, firstname.lastname@example.org, 777-2706