|Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week events listed|
We invite you to attend one or more functions during the Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration Week, Jan. 21-26. For those of you who are professors, we hope you will encourage your students to attend. Please see the programming for the week listed below or go to the Era Bell Thompson Multicultural Center (EBTMC) web site.
Tickets for the luncheon were to have been purchased by Friday, Jan. 18. Thank you for your support.
The following activities are free and open to the public:
Wednesday, Jan. 23
* 11 a.m., Memorial Union Lecture Bowl, panel discussion, War & Morality;
* 1 p.m., Era Bell Thompson Multicultural Center, July in January: food and games;
* 6 p.m., Memorial Union Ballroom, concert, Gospel Outreach Choir;
Thursday, Jan. 24
* 11 a.m., American Indian Student Services, the Indian Studies Association will show the documentary, "Little Rock Nine," in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Week. This year will mark the 50th anniversary of the event;
* 2 p.m., Era Bell Thompson Multicultural Center, Martin Luther King Jr. documentary;
* 7 p.m., Burtness Theatre, comedian Preacher Moss;
Friday, Jan. 25
* 11:30 a.m., Memorial Union Ballroom, Martin Luther King Jr. Awards Luncheon;
* 7 p.m., Burtness Theatre, performer: Michael Fosberg's "Incognito";
Saturday, Jan. 26
* 8 p.m., The Loading Dock, Memorial Union, Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration Dance.
-- Dianne Stam, Adm Sec, MLK Celebration Committee, email@example.com, 777-4406