|UND launches blog, invites comments on new web design|
The Office of University Relations is redesigning UND’s web site to make it easier for users to find information they need. And we’d like your comments. We’ve developed a blog so you can share your opinions and read what others think. Just click on the blog link at www.und.edu ( http://www.und.edu/ ).
The new page has a number of features, including news feeds, videos, podcasts, and social media. We’re working on building the UND brand, and this redesign is part of that initiative. Here’s what’s new:
* Icons lead directly to the most-requested pages
* The page will adapt to fill your screen down to 1024 x 768
* “Accordion” links on left side let you find information with fewer clicks
* We hope to eliminate a lot of second layer pages
* Links to social media let you connect with the UND community
* You can choose how your pages look
As we receive your comments, we’ll take them into consideration as a whole and make changes, so visit often. We plan to launch the new home page later in the spring, and we’ll work with departments to launch new pages over the summer. Once we have the final design, we’ll develop templates to make implementation easier.
So, let us know what you think! Please note that not all links are live; we’re mostly interested in seeing your comments about the design and approach.
-- Jan Orvik, Web Manager, University Relations, email@example.com, 777-3621