|Faculty Instructional Development Committee lists awards|
The following faculty members were awarded Faculty Instructional Development Committee (FIDC) grants in September, October and November.
* Connie Bateman (accountancy), “Fall Marketing Management Association Conference,” $500
* Jared Keengwe (teaching and learning), “E-Learn 2007 – World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare and Higher Education,” $750
* Steve Finney (languages), “Nortana Pedagogy Workshop and Annual Norgeseminar,” $420
* Sherrie Fleshman (languages), “Mountain Interstate Foreign Language Conference,” $453.39
* Anne Haskins (occupational therapy), “An American Canadian Dialogue on Interprofessional Health Education,” $587
* David Pierce (chemistry), “Instructional Materials for Chem 121 and Chem 122,” $900
* Robert Wood (political science and public administration), “Instructional Materials for POLS 405,” $716
* Tami Carmichael (humanities and integrated studies), “Instructional Materials for HUM 224 and HUM 225," $250
* Mary Haslerud-Opp (communication), “National Communication Association Convention,” $87.20
FIDC grant proposals may be used to purchase instructional materials, travel to teaching-related conferences, or other projects related to teaching. To submit a proposal, call the Office of Instructional Development (OID) for guidelines and materials or find the necessary information on the OID web site.
Proposals may be submitted at any time during the academic year and are reviewed on a monthly basis by the Faculty Instructional Development Committee. Next deadline to submit your proposal is Monday, Dec. 3, at noon.
Instructional or professional development projects that fall outside FIDC guidelines may qualify for funding through OID’s flexible grant program. For further information, or to discuss ideas and drafts before submitting a final proposal, contact me. – Anne Kelsch, director, Office of Instructional Development, 777-3325 or firstname.lastname@example.org