|Board of Higher Education meets Thursday in Williston|
The State Board of Higher Education will meet Thursday, June 15, at Williston State College. The full agenda is available at www.ndus.edu, under State Board of Higher Education.
Major agenda items include board policy manual revisions and the following academic consent items:
- Mayville State University request to offer a B.S. in education in early childhood education/early elementary education
- NDSU request to offer a Ph.D. in materials and nanotechnology
- UND request to offer a M.A. in forensic psychology
- UND request to establish an Engineered Surfaces Center
- UND request to merge the Departments of Community Medicine and Family Medicine, to be called the Department of Family and Community Medicine.
- Williston State College request to offer a program certificate in agronomy technician.
Major policy discussions on the agenda include action regarding the UND nickname and logo, by President Kupchella and Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem.