|Please attend presidential search forums|
In August, the UND Presidential Search Committee met for the purpose of considering a preliminary draft of a profile for the presidential position. The draft profile is available at the presidential aearch information web site at http://www.und.edu/presidentialsearch/. A final draft of the profile will be submitted to the State Board of Higher Education for approval.
Prior to finalizing the draft, the committee is making every effort to receive input from key constituencies affected by the search, i.e. faculty, staff, students, alumni, and members of the community who care about the University and are committed to its success. Numerous sessions have been scheduled over a two-week period, Sept. 4-14, for each member of the campus community; the complete forum schedule is posted on the Presidential Search Information web site and also is below. The forums are intended to give every individual an opportunity to provide the committee with information and opinions about the critical questions at the heart of the Profile:
(1) What are the attractions of UND that would appeal to a highly-qualified individual?
(2) What will be the major opportunities and challenges the next president will face? and
(3) What characteristics and competencies should the next president possess?
The list of forums below is by date, time, location and constituency group. Please pass this information along to any interested individuals or groups:
Wednesday, Sept. 12:
* 7:30 to 9 a.m., Chamber of Commerce, Chamber – business and education
* 10 to 11 a.m., Memorial Union Lecture Bowl, students
* Noon to 1 p.m., Alerus Center, 1200 42nd St. S., (701)792-1200, community
* 1:30 to 2:30 p.m., American Indian Center, large Meeting Room A, 315 Princeton St., 777-4291, American Indian population
Friday, Sept. 14 in Bismarck:
* 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., Doublewood Inn, 1400 East Interchange, Bismarck, N.D., (701)258-7000, general public
— Paul LeBel (law), chair, presidential search committee.