|Meritorious service, UND Proud award winners named|
Ten staff members were given meritorious service awards and one staff member received the Ken and Toby Baker UND Proud Award at the annual recognition ceremony for staff personnel May 8. The meritorious service award recognizes staff for excellence and dedication. They received certificates and checks. Awardees were:
* Mary Bohlman, administrative secretary, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology;
* Kathie Johnke, administrative secretary, law school, legal clinic;
* Marsha Nelson, assistant director, facilities operations - Memorial Union;
* Jerry Rozeveld, shop foreman, Transportation;
* Patti Schmidt, human resources assistant, Facilities;
* Dana Siewert, director of aviation safety, John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences;
* Dianne Stam, administrative secretary, University Learning Center;
* Lori Swinney, director, Center for Instructional Learning Technologies;
* Terry Thompson, building services technician, facilities-housing;
* Jackie Wiens, unit manager, Dining Services.
The Ken and Toby Baker UND Proud Award is presented to a staff employee who, through service and dedication to the University, to fellow workers, and to the community, exemplifies the qualities of commitment, loyalty, and pride in the University. The award includes $1,000, a plaque, and a traveling plaque for the department. The award was given to Don Rasmuson, police supervisor/lieutenant, UND Police.
-- Diane Nelson, human resources.
-- Jan Orvik, Writer/Editor, University Relations, email@example.com, 777-3621