|Summer at UND program offers wide range of courses, activities|
The “Summer at UND” program offers a wide range of courses and activities for the community during the summer months. There are hundreds of courses for academic credit available during UND Summer Sessions, which begin May 14 and June 25. Class sizes are smaller and some courses are held in the evenings to accommodate student schedules.
An array of summer events and activities are also held on UND’s campus, such as athletic or cultural events, youth camps or specialized workshops. Events are typically open to the public. Events follow.
* May 1-13, art exhibition, Beyond Likeness, North Dakota Museum of Art
* May 2, Dance ETC! recital, Chester Fritz Auditorium
* May 4, "Ethical Practices in the Insurance Industry," Skalicky Tech Incubator
* May 4, UND Observatory summer star parties, UND Observatory
* May 6, "Antique to Chic," North Dakota Museum of Art
* May 7, "Ergonomics: Guidelines for Nursing Homes," Old Engelstad Arena
* May 7, "Ergonomics: Guidelines for Retail Grocery Stores," Old Engelstad Arena
* May 7-11, Mold assessment technician/consultant course, Old Engelstad Arena
* May 8, OSHA 10-hour construction certification, Old Engelstad Arena
* May 9, OSHA construction safety course, Old Engelstad Arena
* May 10, Confined space training, Old Engelstad Arena
* May 11, Trenching and excavations training, Old Engelstad Arena
* May 11, UND Observatory summer star parties, UND Observatory
* May 12, Nancy Pasley Ballet school recital, Chester Fritz Auditorium
* May 12, School of Law commencement, Chester Fritz Auditorium
* May 13, School of Medicine and Health Sciences commencement, Chester Fritz Auditorium
* May 14-18, Family mediation seminar, Memorial Union
* May 14-15, Youth football camp, Memorial Stadium
* May 15, Asbestos supervisor refresher course, Old Engelstad Arena
For more information about the "Summer at UND" program, to register for UND's Summer Sessions, or to view a calendar of events from May 1 - Aug. 31, visit www.summer.und.edu. If you have additional questions on summer credit courses, call the Summer Sessions office at (701) 777-6284. Or if you have questions on events/activities, contact the Summer Events office at 777-0841. -- Jolene Marsh, summer events program assistant.
-- Jolene Marsh, Summer Events Program Assistant, Continuing Education, firstname.lastname@example.org, 777-0841