|ND WRRI announces graduate research fellowship recipients|
The North Dakota Water Resources Research Institute announced its graduate research fellowship recipients for the year 2007-08. Fellowships ranging from $3,000 to $12,000 were awarded to two graduate students from UND and nine from NDSU conducting research in water resources areas.
Fellows and their advisers include:
• Yuhui Jin, UND chemistry; Julia Zhao
• Ryan Klapperich, UND geological engineering; Scott Korom
• Breanna Paradeis, NDSU animal and range science; Donald Kirby
• Damion Knudsen, NDSU geosciences; Bernhardt Saini-Eidukat
• Dan McEwen, NDSU biological sciences; Malcolm Butler
• Jay Thompson, NDSU civil engineering; Achintya Bezbaruah
• Mary Schuh, NDSU soil science; Francis Casey
• Sita Krajangpan, NDSU civil engineering; Bezbaruah
• Thunyalux Ratpukdi, NDSU civil engineering; Eakalak Khan
• Wei Zheng, NDSU biological sciences; Butler
• William Clark, NDSU zoology; Mark Clark
Selection of fellows and fellowship amounts are based on competitive proposals received from the students and their advisers. Projects proposed for fellowship support should relate to water resources research issues in the state or region. Regional, state, or local collaboration or co-funding is encouraged. Fellowships have a matching requirement of two non-federal dollars to one federal dollar. A panel of state water resource professionals reviews the proposals.
Funding for the fellowship program comes primarily from the annual base grant provided to the WRRI by the U.S. Geological Survey and an additional support from North Dakota State Water Commission. The ND WRRI is one of 54 institutes located in a land-grant institution in each state and territory under the umbrella of National Institutes for Water Resources.
For further information, contact G. Padmanabhan, ND WRRI director and professor in civil engineering, at (701) 231-7043 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.ndsu.edu/wrri.
-- Steve Bergeson, Senior Writer, NDSU University Relations, email@example.com, 701 231-6101