|Wellness Center presents educational sessions, preventive screenings|
Wellness Center presents educational sessions beginning this week. Second-year medical students will give presentations on the importance of self-exams and facts about cholesterol. The next session will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 16, in the Clinical Education Center Auditorium, 725 Hamline St., next to Barnes & Noble Bookstore. Please enter the south doors, and parking is available in the Ralph Engelstad Arena parking lot. Remember, attending one of these sessions will get you five points! There will be three short presentations given, followed by question and answer time at 2 p.m.
Also, preventive screenings start this week and will be offered on Wednesdays throughout the semester and are worth 20 points. These screenings are FREE to all those that have taken the online HRA or $20 if you haven't taken the HRA or are a non-benefited employee. The schedule is below or can be found under the calendar of events at www.workwell.und.edu
* Feb. 14, 7 to 8 a.m., Oak Room, Facilities; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., 303 Twamley Hall.
* Feb. 21, noon to 4:30 p.m., Room 5006, School of Medicine and Health Sciences.
* March 7, 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m., Prairie Room, Memorial Union.
* March 21, 10 a.m. to noon, 303 Twamley Hall; 1 to 4 p.m., Wilkerson Dining.
* March 28, 9 a.m. to noon, Prairie Room, Memorial Union; 1 to 4 p.m., Wilkerson Dining.
* April 4, 12:30 to 4:30 p.m., 251 Odegard Hall.
* April 11, 8 to 11 a.m., 251 Odegard Hall; 11:30 to 12:30 p.m., Oak Room, Facilities.
* April 18, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Assessment Room, Wellness Center.
* April 25, 7 to 8 a.m., Oak Room, Facilities; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., LaVerendrye Room, EERC.
Keep encouraging friends and co-workers to get signed up. We're getting closer to 1,00 participants and five bonus points for all of you, but we need to reach that goal by this Friday in order to get the points!! And great job on the stairwell decorations. Stay tuned to the web site for pictures and new updates, including our first annual 24 hour walk-a-thon!
As always, contact me with any questions. -- Amanda Eickhoff,
coordinator of wellness, Wellness Center.