|Educational Leadership doctoral program begins new cycle in May|
The doctoral program in Educational Leadership (EDL) will begin a new cycle this May in Fargo. The program is offered by the Department of Educational Leadership, College of Education and Human Development, in cooperation with the Division of Continuing Education, Distance Degree Programs and Fargo Outreach.
The program prepares faculty and staff for upper-level administrative or scholarly positions in P-12 schools, higher education, or other non-profit educational settings. It is designed for working professionals who want to pursue doctoral study.
The EDL Program provides:
- an opportunity for self-reflection and career renewal,
- added credentials and increased opportunities for professional advancement,
- new knowledge and skill sets, including research and assessment skills, needed to be successful as an educational leader, and
- a network of other professionals important to career success.
Graduates will be able to:
- fulfill the demand for educational administrators who posses the knowledge, vision, and integrity needed to lead successfully
- develop strategic plans for organizations that create real value for students, faculty, and partners
- explore new strategies for responding to change and delivering value in educational services
The EDL Program is offered face-to-face in Fargo every four years. The next cycle of the EDL Program is scheduled to begin May 2007 in Fargo. Review of applications submitted to the UND Graduate School will begin March 1. Another cycle is planned to begin in Grand Forks in May 2009 and Fargo in May 2011. Space is limited, so get started today to ensure placement in the EDL Program. Please share this information with any faculty and staff who would benefit from completing doctoral study in educational leadership.
To get started contact:
UND Distance Degree Programs, Division of Continuing Education
Phone: 1.877.450.1842 (toll free) or 701.777.4884
For curriculum questions contact:
P-12 School Focus: Dr. Gary Schnellert - firstname.lastname@example.org
Higher Education Focus: Dr. Margaret A. Healy - email@example.com
-- Jennifer Swangler, Marketing Coordinator, Division of Continuing Education, firstname.lastname@example.org, 701.777.6374