|Nominations sought for Chester Fritz Distinguished Professors|
Nominations are sought for individuals to be considered for recognition as a Chester Fritz Distinguished Professor. Included below are the criteria and procedures for the nomination and selection of those to be recognized. Nomination packets are due in the respective dean’s office by March 1. Nominators must be a Chester Fritz Distinguished Professor, full professor, or department chair.
1. Demonstrated achievement across research, teaching, and service with significant national or regional recognition in any one of these missions.
2. Significant professional contributions throughout his/her career. However, the basis for selection of Chester Fritz Professors will be heavily weighted toward one’s accomplishments at UND.
3. Recognition by University of North Dakota colleagues as a faculty member who has made a valuable contribution to the quality of UND’s academic programs.
4. Full-time member of the faculty, which includes all ranked teaching and research personnel. Department chairs are eligible if he/she is a full-time member of the faculty. Full-time administrators, e.g., vice presidents and deans, are not eligible.
The nomination packet should contain sufficient information for the committee to evaluate the nominee.
1. The nominator(s) must submit a nomination letter. Nominator(s) must be a Chester Fritz Distinguished Professor, full professor, or department chair.
2. College deans must second all nominations in writing.
3. Letters of support from other faculty are encouraged.
4. A current curriculum vitae of the nominee must accompany the nomination.
-- Connie Gagelin, Administrative Officer, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost, firstname.lastname@example.org, 777-2165