|Martin Luther King Jr. celebration week is Jan. 22-26|
Martin Luther King, Jr. celebration week is Jan. 22-26. The theme is "Countdown to 2013: If Walls Could Talk." Events follow.
Monday, Jan. 22
* Film series, "Crash," International Centre, 2908 University Ave., 3 to 5 p.m.
* "The Cost of Being Color Blind," Lecture Bowl, Memorial Union, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Speaker/moderator is Kenneth Durgans, vice provost for institute diversity, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
Tuesday, Jan. 23
* Roundtable discussion, "Moving Beyond Diversity," River Valley Room, Memorial Union, 10:30 a.m. to noon. Facilitator is Kenneth Durgans.
* Film series, "Joy Luck Club," International Centre, 3 to 5 p.m.
Wednesday, Jan. 24
* Film series, "Higher Learning," Era Bell Thompson Multicultural Center, 2800 University Ave., 3 to 5 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 25
* Panel discussion, "Past/Present," BSA presidents (Frank Westley Jackson IV, Farouk Aregbe, Crystal Hayes, Amie Jatta), Lecture Bowl, Memorial Union, noon to 1:30 p.m. Moderator is Matsimela Changa Diop.
* Film series, "Selma, Lord, Selma," International Centre, 3 to 5 p.m.
* Open Forum, "The Challenges of Women in the Media," River Valley Room, Memorial Union, 6 to 8 p.m. Speaker is Andria Hall, former CNN anchor.
Friday, Jan. 26
* Martin Luther King Jr. awards luncheon, Ballroom, Memorial Union, 11.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. Keynote speaker is Andria Hall.
* Dance, music from the “Motown Era,” University Armory (ROTC building), UND campus, 7 p.m. to 1 a.m.
For further information, please contact Multicultural Student Services at 777-4259.