|Applicants sought for CIO position|
The University is seeking a chief information officer. If you know anyone who might be interested in the position, please forward the following job description. Also, if you belong to a listserv which could yield qualified applicants, we would very much appreciate it if you could submit it to the listserv. Thank you. -- Victoria Beard, associate provost and chair, CIO search committee.
Chief Information Officer
The University of North Dakota is seeking qualified applicants for the newly created position of Chief Information Officer.
The University of North Dakota is one of the largest and most diversified universities in the Upper Midwest, with an enrollment of over 13,000. Academic programs are offered through the College of Arts and Sciences, Aerospace Sciences, Business and Public Administration, Education and Human Development, Engineering, Law, Medicine and Health Sciences, and Nursing. UND is characterized by a solid foundation in the liberal arts, high-quality students and faculty, a comprehensive curriculum, strong professional programs, and wide recognition in graduate education and research.
The new CIO will report to the Provost and will be responsible for establishing policies, procedures, and infrastructure for IT services and support across campus. Applicants should possess strong leadership and technology skills, including:
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a university setting with diverse constituents in addressing their technology needs and practices;
* A minimum of five years significant high-level IT management experience in higher education, with 10 years IT work experience preferred;
* Graduate degree in computer science, business administration, information systems, or related field, with Ph.D. preferred;
* Demonstrated experience in large-scale IT strategic planning, implementation, budgeting, and organizational change;
* Demonstrated expertise in current technologies and best practices in IT support for teaching, research, and service;
* Demonstrated ability to serve as an advocate for customer-driven service;
* Demonstrated ability to analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate IT policy and infrastructure in a university setting;
* Effective communicator.
Applicants should submit a cover letter addressing the position requirements, vita, and list of five references with contact information to Human Resources, University of North Dakota, 264 Centennial Drive Stop 8010, Grand Forks, ND 58202-8176. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. Dual career couples are directed to www.humanresources.und.edu. For further information see http://www.und.edu/ciosearch/ . The search committee will begin reviewing applications Jan. 22. The position will remain open until filled.
UND is an EEO/AA institution.