|NIH offers regional seminars|
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of Extramural Research (OER) sponsors semiannual NIH regional seminars on program funding and grants. The seminars are intended to help demystify the application and review process, clarify federal regulations and policies, and highlight current areas of special interest or concern. The seminars serve the NIH mission of providing education and training for the next generation of biomedical and behavioral scientists. NIH policy, grants management, review and program staff provide a broad array of expertise and encourage personal interaction between themselves and seminar participants. The seminars are appropriate for grants administrators, researchers, and graduate students.
● Registration fee is approximately $300 for the seminars.
● Direct all seminar specific registration and logistical questions to the host institutions below.
● For general or program related information on the NIH Regional Seminars, please contact SeldenC@mail.nih.gov or 301-435-8685.
● For Salt Lake City, questions regarding registration or logistics may be directed to seminar co-chairs Tony Onofrietti, director of research education, or Brent Brown, director of sponsored projects, at 801-581-3003.
● For Research Triangle Park, N.C., questions regarding registration or logistics may be directed to Wendy Sprintz at 919-668-5947 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NIH regional seminars are limited in size. Please secure confirmation of registration before purchasing airline tickets, etc.
Upcoming seminars and registration information:
* March 5-7, 2007; Salt Lake City, Utah; Sponsor: University of Utah; registration information can be found at http://conferences.utah.edu/nih2007/
* April 24-26, 2007; Research Triangle Park, N.C.; Co-sponsors: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC), North Carolina State University (NCSU), North Carolina Central University (NCCU), Duke University Medical Center (DUMC), RTI International (RTI), North Carolina Biotechnology Center (NCBC); registration information can be found at http://www.ncbiotech.org/services_and_programs/intellectual_exchange/2007NIHRegionalSeminar.html
-- Barry I. Milavetz, Associate Vice President for Research, Research Development and Compliance, email@example.com, 701/777-4278