Procedures for long distance phone calls during travel have been revised
Accounting Services’ procedures for long distance phone calls in policy 2.23, Employee Travel: Other, have been revised.
While UND will continue to reimburse an employee engaged in business travel away from their normal place of employment for one telephone call per day to their city of residence, a receipt documenting the expense will be required. The documentation includes an invoice such as a lodging receipt showing the charge for the call or an additional charge on a personal cell phone bill. Reimbursements rates will be the actual cost of the call up to a maximum of:
- $5 per day for calls within the continental U.S.
- $10 per day for calls made from Alaska, Hawaii, Canada or Puerto Rico
- $20 per day for international calls, including Mexico
To view this policy document in its entirety (including the revised procedures), visit the Division of Finance and Operations’ policy web site:
- New and Revised Policy Updates: und.edu/finance-operations/policy-new-revised.cfm
- A-Z Policy Index: und.edu/finance-operations/policy-a-z-index.cfm
- Division Policy Index: und.edu/finance-operations/policy-division-catalog.cfm
Contact Accounting Services if you have questions: 777-2773.