ESL instructor position available
If you are an ESL instructor looking to make a difference in students’ lives, join our team at ELS!
We are seeking an active and engaging ESL instructor who loves to teach and doesn’t stop thinking about the job when class ends. If you are patient, compassionate and genuinely care about your students, then come work for the industry leader in English language course instruction! If you have the drive and talent to advance in our company, you can move into a senior instructor, academic director, or center director position. In this key role as an ESL instructor, you will teach classes that include all four language skills to ESL students.
Start as early as Aug. 20. Email resumes to email@example.com.
As an ESL instructor for ELS, you will assess students throughout four-week sessions, create midterms, finals and write up grade reports. You will deliver the curriculum in interactive ways to the students while remaining culturally sensitive. Additional responsibilities include:
- Teaching students the four language skills of structure, speaking, reading and writing
- Actively engaging students by running a dynamic and student-centered classroom
- Conducting placement testing and assessment at the beginning of every session
- Attending professional development meetings with the academic director, supervisor and other teachers
- Working with fellow instructors on lesson plans
As an ESL instructor for ELS, you must have a desire to work with students and have positive interactions with them. You must bring energy and fresh ideas to the classroom while making an impact on the students that will last for the rest of their lives. Additional requirements include:
- BA/BS required, MA in TESOL or Applied Linguistics preferred
- Minimum six months experience teaching ESL
- Strong presentation, communication and writing skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to move from building to building between classes and across college campuses
At ELS, we believe in providing our ESL instructors with the most competitive benefits available, so we offer:
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Employer matches 50 percent of employee’s first 10 percent of deferred contribution, 401(K)
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Commuter reimbursement
- Paid sick leave and vacation time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Bonuses for presenting in conferences
**ELS is not offering sponsorships**
-- Bella Hettich, ELS Educational Services, Inc., 777-6785, firstname.lastname@example.org.