Network outage set for July 28
The ND Information Technology Department (ITD) will be performing maintenance on the state network on Saturday, July 28. All sites and services will be unavailable for a portion of the day. This will include state government and higher education.
It is ITD’s plan to re-establish services and re-connect locations in a controlled, logical manner, ultimately having core services available by noon. A broad description of which services should be available and by what time is listed below.
All access from the UND campus to off campus locations will be unavailable from 4 to 9 a.m. Saturday, July 28. This includes access to any web sites located off campus, Campus Solutions (Campus Connection), Finance, HRMS (Employee Self Service), BPOS (Outlook) email access, Live@edu email access, and the ODIN Library system. Please note that if you are on campus, Blackboard access will be available.
If you are located off the UND campus, you will not be able to access any web sites on the UND campus, Campus Solutions (Campus Connection), Finance, HRMS (Employee Self Service), Blackboard and the ODIN library system. Please note that if you are off-campus, BPOS (Outlook) email and Live@edu email access will be available.
All times are listed in Central Daylight Time.
- At 4 a.m., all network and voice services begin to go down.
- By 6 a.m., all services and sites will be unavailable and ITD will start re-connecting to the new network.
- By 7 a.m., ITD plans to have Internet access for UND, NDSU, and MiSU back online.
- By 9 a.m., ITD will have connected the Data Center to the new network.
- By 10 a.m., video, Bismarck broadband, and the users in the Southwest portion of the state will come back up.
The remaining metro and remote sites will be brought up throughout the rest of the day with all sites and services up and operational on the new network by 6 p.m.
Please contact Tech Support with questions or concerns.
-- Tech Support, 777-6305, email@example.com.