Internet Explorer 9 is not supported by PeopleSoft, U-Mail, or BlackBoard; ITSS recommends blocking it
Microsoft has recently released Internet Explorer version 9 (IE9) as a Windows update for computers running Windows Vista and Windows 7. This version of Internet Explorer is not currently supported by some systems within the North Dakota University System (NDUS) and UND. Some of these systems include:
- PeopleSoft applications (Campus Connection, HRMS Self Service and Finance).
- U-mail (The official UND student email system)
- Blackboard Learning Management System
UND campus IT staff is recommending that the campus community does not install the IE9 update at this time. When installing Windows updates your computer will attempt to automatically install IE9. To prevent this from happening we are encouraging campus students, staff and faculty to download and install the Windows IE9 install blocker.
This file will make a change to your computer so that IE9 will not automatically install when Windows updates are run. Please use the following instructions to download and install the Windows IE9 install blocker:
- Click on “IE9Block_RegKey.reg” and save it to your computer, preferably the Desktop.
- Once the file is saved to your Desktop, double click the file to install it. You will receive a Registry Editor window asking if you want to continue.
- Please click Yes to install the file.
- You will then receive a window informing you the keys and values were successfully added to the registry. Click OK.
If you have already installed IE 9 on your computer, please use the following steps to remove IE 9 and revert back to IE 8:
To uninstall Internet Explorer 9
The following instructions apply to both Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
- Click the Start button , type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.
- Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.
- Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.
- Click one of the following:
- Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9, and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).
- Restart later (to wait until you shut down or restart your computer).
Note: After you uninstall Internet Explorer 9, the previously installed version of Internet Explorer will be available on your computer. It is not necessary to reinstall. Once IE9 becomes supported by the NDUS and UND systems we will publish notification and also release a similar file that will allow IE9 to be downloaded and installed on your computer.
For more information please see the Microsoft web site. For further questions or assistance with installing the blocker, please contact the ITSS help desk at 777-2222 or CILT technical support at 777-6305.