November 3Officer Duties
The Chair is the key to effective student leadership. As Chair, you are responsible for the overall management of all Branch affairs and a key motivator. To be effective, you must learn and use the skillful art of delegating responsibility to your officers and to certain selected members as required by the size and range of activity of your branch.
Specific duties include:
- Preside at all meetings of the Branch.
- Hold regular meetings of the Branch Executive Committee and serve as chair.
- Appoint program, publicity and membership committee chairs promptly.
- Prepare the required reports for IEEE Student Services.
- Arrange for the election of Officers on a calendar year basis and report to IEEE.
- Ensure smooth transistion of information and materials to newly elected officers and arrange orderly transfer of Branch records.
- Work with and coordinate some activities with Section and Region officers.
- Communicate frequently with other officers.
The Vice Chair frequently oversees committee responsibilities and always shares the workload of the Chair. As an important member of the Exectutive Committee, you can do much to motivate Branch Activity.
- Chair the Program and Membership Committees.
- Organize field trips or special events beyond regular program efforts.
- Arrange for refreshments at Branch meetings.
- Assist the Chair in following up on assigned committee responsibilities.
- Perform all functions of the chair in his/her absence or upon request.
The Secretary maintains all Branch records and supplies for the Branch.
- Submit to IEEE Student Services the Newly Elected Officers Form.
- Keep detailed records of each Branch meeting.
- Maintain stationery and other IEEE forms and supplies as required by the Branch.
- Maintain Branch membership roster and committee assignments list.
- Be responsible for all Branch correspondence.
- Post a calendar of Events.
- Assist Chair to ensure Branch activities are conducted under the provisions of the current Branch Constitution and Bylaws.
- Arrange for an orderly transfer of all Branch records to the incoming secretary.
The Treasurer is responsible for maintaining the financial accounts of the Branch. Since final approval of a project may depend on the finances available, it is imperative that all records be kept current and as accurate as possible.
- Maintain the appropriate Branch accounts.
- Prepare an annual budget and submit the annual plan of activities to IEEE Student Services by November 1st or two months after the academic year begins.
- Prepare the final Financial Statement and submit the annual report of activities to IEEE Student Services by May 1st or six months after the academic year begins.
- Oversee all fund-raising efforts, working with Branch Chair and Counselor.
- Arrange for an orderly transfer of all Branch financial records to the incoming Treasurer.