- Electronic Graphic Designer
- Graphics Director
Electronic Graphic Designer
The electronic graphics designer is responsible for creating graphics used during various segments of our live television show. The designer uses a combination of photos, graphics, and text to visually support content on the show. During the live production the designer operates computer graphic equipment.
1. Works with the senior director and graphics director to design and create graphics that support program content.
2. Operates computer graphic equipment during the live show.
1. Some experience in graphic design. This includes an understanding of graphic composition.
2. Strong communication and organizational skills.
3. Coursework that relates to this job description.
In addition, candidates must be available for approximately 7 hours a week, including the following times:
Tuesdays - flexible times
Thursdays 3:00 P.M. - 6:30 P.M.
The amount of hours per week is subject to change depending on circumstances. The graphic designer is a one semester non-paid position.
The graphics director serves on the Studio One Executive Council, the Board of Directors and provides leadership to the graphics team. The graphics director works with the senior director and is responsible for designing graphics for the live show. The graphics director helps establish team goals, conducts weekly staff meetings, and may act as the CG operator during the live production.
1. Leads the graphics team by conducting meetings and making assignments.
2. Helps the senior director train team members to operate the character generator and the graphics computer.
3. May supervise the team during the live show.
4. Attends post-production meetings and provides feedbacks to members of the team.
1. At least one semester of experience with the Studio One graphics team.
2. Experience in graphic design.
3. Successful completion of courses that relate to this job description.
4. Strong communication and organizational skills.
5. Experience in a leadership role.
In addition, candidates must be available for approximately 10 hours a week, including the following times:
Tuesdays - flexible times
Wednesdays 4:00 - 4:30 P.M.
Thursdays 3:00 - 6:30 P.M.
Fridays 9:05 - 10:05 A.M.
The amount of hours per week is subject to change depending on circumstances. The graphics director is a one semester non-paid position. Applicants who are available for two semesters are preferred, but consideration will be given to qualified candidates that are only available for one semester.